Stock reconciliation: received, not invoiced

Hi all, how does Navision (ver. 2.60) handle receiving goods that will be invoiced in the future? The requirement would be that the inventory balance account should reflect this entry into the stock, increasing debit value of inventory, without having the invoice yet. I have read in related posts that this should be possible… I have been reading through the manual and help and did some tests with configuring Inventory Adjmt. Account (indicating account numerbs) and running Adjust Cost item entries and Post Inventory Cost to GL… but unfortunatly no positive result [xx(] Any hints?? Nils

This is not possible in standard Financials, only in Attain.

Not sure I fully understand your requirement Nils, but have you played with the ‘Post Expected costs’ flag in the inventory set-up?

Thanks for the hints… as Anfinnur points out, it’s only possible in Attain (and unfortunately not in Financials…) and it’s exactly the feature of activating Expected cost posting and Inventory Account (Interim). I hadn’t been aware that the functionality in inventory had been improved so significantly.

There’s a reportin Financials that will give you the amount that needs to be accrued. It’s called A/P to G/L Reconcile.

quote:

Originally posted by achowtc
There’s a reportin Financials that will give you the amount that needs to be accrued. It’s called A/P to G/L Reconcile.

Right, but this report does not reflect the amount in the G/L

Hi Walter, Yes, the report will show you the amount you will need to make a journal entry. This report will give you the exact amount for your journal. It will not update the G/L for you. The expected cost feature in 3.0 WILL reflect on the G/L automatically.