Still no a star, darnit!

When in heavens name will I get my first star? Posting my ass off here…[;)]

Another 11 posts should do it [:D]

The trick is to keep your eyes peeled for lots of strings that you can usefully contribute to… like this one [;)]

Here you get a lot of stars. Please select as much as you want [;)]: ************************************************** (Thank you for your contributions here on Navision.net!) bye André PS One posting more for me to get the next star [8D] !

quote:

Originally posted by EBloom
The trick is to keep your eyes peeled for lots of strings that you can usefully contribute to… like this one [;)]

Edward, Great! (…like this one)

Be patient, Emiel… [:)]

Emiel, I can’t believe you’re going for the stars…hahaha…if you reply to this message, then you’ll have 10 more posts to go…:wink:

Na na! [}:)] [}:)] [}:)] This looks a lot like “star postings” [:D] At least you could have posted it in the right fora - maybe that’s why you should have at least 50 postings to get the first star! [;)] You gotta learn the basic rules first (you asked for this one! hehe). Topic moved from Navision Developer Forum to Open Subject!

Hi Emiel IMHO you should get a extra - star for your first day here on Navision.net[:D]. As far as I remember you replied on 17 threads. That was a nice view: 17 new topics and replies - and all by Emiel Romein! Not bad for the first day! [:D] bye André

quote:

Originally posted by Admin
Topic moved from Navision Developer Forum to Open Subject!

Erik, how many of your 5 stars were earned from these “moved from…” postings? [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by xorph

quote:

Erik, how many of your 5 stars were earned from these “moved from…” postings? [:D]

[:D]ROFLOL[:D]

Hello Andre! How about a little competition? I’ll bet I’ll have my third star before you do. [:D][:D][:D]

Hi Heinz

quote:

Hello Andre! How about a little competition? I’ll bet I’ll have my third star before you do. [:D][:D][:D]

I said it some time ago to you: ‘I never bet!’ - Why? - I’m almost always right! [8D] You know the paragraphs: §1: I’m always right! §2: When I’m wrong (a unlikely case) §1 is valid!! Try to bet with Emiel [;)]. bye André

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
I said it some time ago to you: ‘I never bet!’ - Why? - I’m almost always right! [8D]

Yes, I remember you said that. I also seem to remember that it was me who was right back then [:D]

quote:

Try to bet with Emiel [;)].

This wouldn’t be fair. If he keeps up his posting rate, he’ll beat me by orders of magnitude [8D]

Not that I would ever advocate it but you could always go into the test forum and “test” things to boost your star rating - Erik clears this down occasionally as I have seen signature tests in there previously, but temporarily it would boost your rating![;)]

Hi IMHO a thread on fire is much better than a lot of stars. So let’s set this thread on fire [:D]. btw. Where are the threads like: ‘Who is better: Kylie or Madonna?’. bye André

I have to admit I probably still be missing my star if it wasn’t for the Jaffa Cakes thread that was posted last year… unfortunately the guy who started most of those ‘off-topic’ threads doesn’t work with Navision any more. I do try and be helpful from time to time though…

quote:

quote:

Sure Heinz [:D] I had lots of these due to our members who can’t read a topic description [;)] My guess that I’m moving 2-3 topics a week. So in two years that’s adding up to approx. 200 postings or more. But since the threashold is 1000 postings to get the fifth star, then it doesn’t really matter! [8D] But in general I have mixed emotions about this thread. 1) Threads like this sweeten up the life on this website - so to say. It’s not JUST BUSINESS - it makes it more the community that I dreamed about when we started the site. 2) But then again the postings in it self is undermining the whole idea about the stars and show no. of postings. So I’m considering changing the settings of this fora so that the debate is split into two foras: 1) a business oriented Open Subject fora and 2) a free and non-business oriented Open Subject The last one would then get the setting that postings here will not count toward the stars! [^] Maybe we should even get a fora for Jokes. Everyone needs a little fun in your breaks while working… [:o)]

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Not that I would ever advocate it but you could always go into the test forum and “test” things to boost your star rating

Steven, I think postings in the test forum don’t count towards star rating - but I haven’t posted there for ages and am not really sure about it. Erik, if I may put in my two Cents - with the number of posts required to reach the different star levels, I don’t think that a few non-business related posts in a thread like this will make a huge difference. Sure, if all you need is a fistful of postings [8D] to reach the next level, you might go for it and post a few jokes or join a more or less “meaningless” thread. Especially in times when there are only a few technical threads where you can contribute. But I simply do not believe that there is a single two- or three-star member (or even one-star) who has gained his stars just by posting jokes or empty comments. On the other hand, just as you say, it’s this community thingy that makes this place even more worth visiting (as if the excellent technical support available here were not enough [;)]). So a joke posting contributes just as well to the quality of this forum and ought to be counted.

quote:

… So I’m considering changing the settings of this fora so that the debate is split into two foras: 1) a business oriented Open Subject fora and 2) a free and non-business oriented Open Subject The last one would then get the setting that postings here will not count toward the stars! [^] Maybe we should even get a fora for Jokes. Everyone needs a little fun in your breaks while working… [:o)]

I’m fine with that. But is there anybody who cares really about the stars? bye André