steps in dealing with customer owned RM.

Hi all! I need to know if anyone has other ideas on how to implement these steps in Navision 3.6 ( Using manufacturing with full MRP, warehouse, Item tracking, multiple locations, SKU’s and Non stock items. ( Those steps were used before with Navision distribution 2.5 with No manufacturing) 1. Customer Service receives an order from customer 2. Customer service enters the sales order using the code XYZ (FG). 3. Purchasing orders film by impression using code YZ ( RM) 4. Upon receipt of goods from vendors , receiving is made and posted. 5. Vendor invoice is posted upon receipt. 6. YZ is negatively adjusted for the full amount 7. XYZ is positively adjusted for the full amount 9. Customer service is now advised that they can issue an invoice. This will relieve the inventory of XYZ. 10. A BOM ( not a PBOM) for the case product using private label box which is made up of item X ( which is composed by A and B) , item Y and labor resource. 11. A “production order” is made and this puts the final product under cose WXYZ. 12. When the customer order is received, a sales order is entered. Upon shipping and invoicing, the inventory is relieved in consequence. Thanks for any idea when using 3.6 without any customization.

Hi Tatiana A lot of this looks standard - it maybe easier for you to describe what you cannot do [:D] Also please elaborate on the following - is it simply a vendor reference?

quote:

1. Purchasing orders film by impression using code YZ ( RM)

You cannot use production orders without production BOMS utilising inventory BOMS instead. If you have manufacturing why are you not using the functionality of the module? Also the material used in 6. 7. and 9. (Do we have a mysteriously hidden 8? [:D]). Does not seem in anyway related to 10 and 11. Is this true?

Hi Steven! The purpose of that scenario is to have it in 3.6 with using PBom instead of Bom. This is the structure: WXYZ is composed by XYZ XYZ is composed by YZ and X X is compososed by A and B We also want to invoice the Fg , XYZ in Navision at zero cost. So when producing item WXYZ we will have the total cost exept the cost of XYZ ( which is owned by the customer) Thanks

Just a quick note, be aware that Navision US has issued a warning about using warehouse, Manufacturing and item tracking together in 3.60, they recommend waiting for a fix for 3.60 or go with 3.70, just to info you about possible problems down the road.

Hi, I do not understand that if XYZ is owned by the customer.Why do you need to bother about it’s lower components?( YZ and X and A,B down the line.) You can always disable the cost posting for item XYZ in that case. Record the purchase orders of the item XYZ to s separate aacount which can than be excluded from your regular accounting. Regards DD

Hi DD, Let’s be more clear. I think the process described was not clear at all. A customer calls to buy a FG, XXX of 1000 cases . In order to make that item we need to buy item X (RM) and item Y (RM) that we will sold to that client with a profit. So the client will bought 100000 units of item X from which a certain quantity will be used later to make XXX. This is the PBOM of the XXXX. XXXX is produced by XXX and labour. XXX is produced by X, Y , Z and labor. X and Y are RM and Z is a FG that hs its on PBOM. The point is: 1. Customer orders ( let’s say at the beginning of the month ) a qty of X and Y: 100000 units of X and 200000 units of Y. we buy them and invoice the customer with a profit —> Now we have customer materials at our site. 2. Later on he orders item XXX ( composed by item X, Y and labour. 3. We need to invoice the customer for item XXX that he orders and in the meantime the cost of XXX must be net of the cost of item X and Y that was alreay paid. Questions: How can we process that in Navision?? I am ready to change the PBOM if its possible. Hopes it’s more clear. Important thing here is the cost of items. Thanks.

Hi DD, Let’s be more clear. I think the process described was not clear at all. A customer calls to buy a FG, XXX of 1000 cases . In order to make that item we need to buy item X (RM) and item Y (RM) that we will sold to that client with a profit. So the client will bought 100000 units of item X from which a certain quantity will be used later to make XXX. This is the PBOM of the XXXX. XXXX is produced by XXX and labour. XXX is produced by X, Y , Z and labor. X and Y are RM and Z is a FG that hs its on PBOM. The point is: 1. Customer orders ( let’s say at the beginning of the month ) a qty of X and Y: 100000 units of X and 200000 units of Y. we buy them and invoice the customer with a profit —> Now we have customer materials at our site. 2. Later on he orders item XXX ( composed by item X, Y and labour. 3. We need to invoice the customer for item XXX that he orders and in the meantime the cost of XXX must be net of the cost of item X and Y that was alreay paid. Questions: How can we process that in Navision?? I am ready to change the PBOM if its possible. Hopes it’s more clear. Important thing here is the cost of items. Thanks.

I think you will need to customise to do this.

Anyone can help to get around this without customisation???

Hi Tatiana, Some more clarifications: 1) When you procure X and Y for the customer, Are you doing it through the Drop Shipment? ( I am asking this because in that case only you can invoice the customer with a profit on procurement for X and Y) 2) If no to 1, Than how do you invoice customer?(Obviously if not Drop Shipment than you must be selling through a sales order.In that case, How you are able to consume the inventory?It wud become ‘0’ the moment you charge for X and Y to customer. Other way round, you cus use the reclassification journal giving new values as ‘0’ before you go on and make XXX as per customer order. I hope my understanding is in line with your query. Regards, DD

Hi Rosine You’ll have to try this out, and it will be manual to avoid cusomisation. Come back with all the holes and problems! You purchase X and Y. You invoice X and Y through a sales invoice direct to a GL account to keep the stock at your “MAIN” location. This leaves the inventory cost with you and respective COGS at zero. Then you need to “move” the stock. You could do this through a negative journal at “MAIN” and a positive journal at “SO” (Supplier Owned), reducing the cost of the positive to journal (You could even use different item numbers for full differentiation to avoid costing issues). This will push entries to the inventory adjustment account that you would need to move to the COGS account of the X and Y invoice. You could use a transfer journal and then a reclassification journal as dharmendra suggests but be catreful with the reclassification journal as it reclassifies everything - serial numbers, dimensions - every old vlaue will have a new blank value (its okay if the old value was blank as well [:D]). Then the production BOM for XXX could consume X and Y, but ensure that the location you make the production order on is set up for the X and Y in the stockkeeping unit with the components at location “SO”. I have no idea if this will work but it maybe worth a try.