Staroffice

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience in working with Staroffice from Sun. Is it as good as MS Office with integration to Financials/Attain? Best regards Daniel Daniel Ekwall Euroflorist

On my own PC StarOffice lives about 5 minutes after installation… I think what other comments are unnecessary… Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

quote:

Originally posted by danielekwall: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience in working with Staroffice from Sun. Is it as good as MS Office with integration to Financials/Attain? Best regards Daniel Daniel Ekwall Euroflorist

Hi, we’re using StarOffice. We’re using it on Linux-clients. Beside long startup-times it’s ok as an office-application. The features are comparable to MS-Office. MS-documents can be imported and exported, but as usual you have to change some things manually after import or export. We hope SUN will increase performance until final release 6.0. Combination with navision seems to be a problem because navision seems to know only MS as the second company offering software on this planet. Heiko

quote:

Originally posted by danielekwall: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience in working with Staroffice from Sun. Is it as good as MS Office with integration to Financials/Attain? Best regards Daniel Daniel Ekwall Euroflorist

quote:

Originally posted by AlexeyPavlov: On my own PC StarOffice lives about 5 minutes after installation…

I disagree with that. We have completely switched to SO after evaluating the costs for an company-wide installation of MSO (~100x). All our navision users write their letters with SO and the integration (transfering address and other data) can be made with a little macro programming on the SO-side and the usage of the clipboard. Ok - it takes a little while to start up, but that’s not a big problem. To your question - daniel: Yes, we can reccommend it. If you need help, please contact me. Gunter