Standard Version and MS SQL Server

Will the standard version of Navision run with the full version of MS SQL Server? Standard ships with the Desktop verison of SQL but I have a client that would like to run it under the full verison of SQL.

Yes. No problem. SQL2000 with SP3. Actually I don’t think anyone will run Navision on the desktop version of SQL in a live production environment.

Thanks very much Lars. I thought that might be the case but several people including a few who worked at MS have suggested that it could not be done.

quote:

Originally posted by Lars Westman
Yes. No problem. SQL2000 with SP3. Actually I don’t think anyone will run Navision on the desktop version of SQL in a live production environment.

Yes there is no differnce between the Standard and non-Standard versions of Navision. If you have the SQL Server granule in your license, both can run against any edition of SQL Server. If you have only the Desktop Engine granule in your license, both can only run against the SQL Server Desktop Engine.

Hi to all, there is a differnce between C\Side and Navision-Sql: the sorting of codefields ist to check, if you use Navision-SQL kind regards

By Standard, we are referring to the the Standard Edition of the Navision product, not of the C/SIDE database version of it. This discussion is about the Standard and non-Standard SQL versions.

Moved to Navision Technical forum.