SSRS Report Sum the Subtotals

Hi,

In my report, I have subtotals of a column.

Now I want to sum up all the subtotals as well.

How would I do that?
The problem is, the subtotal field is not a dataset field, but an Expression to sum up the field value to get the subtotal.

Well, this should already work out of the box. Just for your test - create a new field in your report design OUTSIDE THE GROUPED TABLIX element (for example on a “bare” report body part) and write a value expression for it:

=Sum(Fields!YOURFIELD.Value, “YOURDATASOURCENAME”)

So, basically, as this expression is written for the text field outside of any grouping related elements, it SHOULD sum up ALL THE VALUES from all the transactions you had in your report, which in other words means = REPORT TOTAL.

If you want this value to be a part of the grid (Tablix element), you can try adding a new line to a grid which is outside of all data grouping areas (something like a footer line). OR, simply you can create a new tablix with just 1 header line and put this tablix element somewhere under your existing transactions tablix.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

In my report there are

PurchId PurchQty UnitPrice NetAmount

01 2 600 1200

02 1 400 400

Grand Total: 1600

I get all these details from PurchLine except NetAmount and GrandTotal.

Can any one please tell me how to solve this and show it in SSRS Report.

Thank you.

Hi,

I created a new field for NetAmount and set the Expression property of that field as follows.

=(Fields!UnitPrice.Value * Fields!PurchQty.Value)

and I am getting Net Amount.

How to solve the Grand Total ? can any one please?

Happy DAXing

try this my friend,

=SUM(ReportItems!YourNetAmountTextBoxName.Value)

YourNetAmountTextBox - Click Text Box goto Properties(top) name will displayed

or

=Sum(Fields!unitPrice.value) * sum(Fields!PurchQty.value)

Thank you your replay,

My doubt is that how to project the grand total on the report ie we have to take another table ?

01 2 600 1200

01 1 400 400

Grand Total: 1600

02 1 200 200

02 2 300 600

Grand Total : 8000

This is the actual output I required.

I cannot get the Grand Total like above.But I am getting as follow

01 2 600 1200

01 1 400 400

02 1 200 200

02 2 300 600

Please Help !!

Hi,

as far as I understood your problem, you don’t actually want a GRAND total, but a SUB total. The grand total would be the sum of ALL net amounts, just as the person above explained how to get it. The sub total would be the totals between each different PurchId.

If I understood it right and you want to have the totals of all net amounts for EACH different PurchId, then do the following:

I assume that you grouped the fields by PurchId. If so, then right-click on the field PurchId and add a new row WITHIN the group.
In the field of the new row under the net amount expression, you create a new expression Sum(Fields!PurchQty.Value * Fields!UnitPrice.Value)

After you did this, you should see the sub total of the net amounts for every PurchId.

Hi,

You can do by using the below expresson as,

=Sum (Fields!UnittPrice.Value * Fields!PurchQty.Value)

The above expression should be placedin the table itself. If u try with separate textbox expression, it’s dificullt to use the above expression and actually it wont works.

Sub total is fixed. See below pic as sample:

3223.Capture.JPG

Hope it helps you!!!

Regards,

Zahir