SSRS report issue - Top Vendor by YTD Purchases

Hi,

Users getting below error message when trying to run report - Top Vendor by YTD Purchases.

Error message - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Initially did below steps but no luck.

1. Stop AOS service.

2. Navigate to the following folder
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsAX\bin\XppIL

3. Create a safe copy of the XPPIL folder content to another new local folder on the AOS computer (example: C:\XPPIL_SAVE)

4. Delete all folders and files inside the folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsAX\bin\XppIL” but keep the folder “XPPIL” itself.

5. Start AOS service

6. Run a full CIL creation from AOT. This will create a fresh rebuild of all files/ folders inside the XPPIL folder.

Tried to compile the visual studio project associated to this report. Below error message pops up.

AX1004: Reference System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 was not a valid model assembly.
\C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

I verified the SDK and .Net Framework versions which already installed on server.

Microsoft Windows SDK for windows 7(7.1) version - 7.1.7600.0.30514

Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2 Version - 4.5.51209

Please let me know your suggestions to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Thanks,

Maru

before that place breakpoint & check is it being invoked due to wrong parameters or bug in the code.

[deleted]

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for taking a look. I don’t see any bugs in the code and as soon as click on report “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” error pops up before parameter screen shows up. Please let me know do you want to try other options. Thank you.

Thanks,
Maru

Restart your AOS , it is because of Refresh issue.
Thanks ,
Arvindh VR

Hi Arvindh,

I restarted AOS and also SSRS services but no luck. Even performed all steps mentioned below.

1. Stop AOS service.

2. Navigate to the following folder
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsAX\bin\XppIL

3. Create a safe copy of the XPPIL folder content to another new local folder on the AOS computer (example: C:\XPPIL_SAVE)

4. Delete all folders and files inside the folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsAX\bin\XppIL” but keep the folder “XPPIL” itself.

5. Start AOS service

6. Run a full CIL creation from AOT. This will create a fresh rebuild of all files/ folders inside the XPPIL folder.

Thanks,
Maru