SSRS: Can we have only controller class and DP class but not Contract class?

Hi All,

I have created a report based on Controller class and a DP class and it is running fine. I don’t need any parameters to be asked/filled/filtered on my report and hence have not created any contract class for my report. The report is running fine as well.

But I have a doubt that is it fine to make a controller class and not contract class while creating a report. Please help me on this.

ello Preeti

While creating the report with RDP, the following things are required

1. Query
  2. Temporary table – RDP class fills a temporary table with data that will be used by Reporting Services to display the report.
  3. Data contract class – To define the parameters in the report.
  4. Report data provider class – processes business logic based on parameters and a query, and then returns the tables as a dataset for the report.

Data contract class is used for defining the paramters.So in this case, if the report doesnt require any parameters or filteration of data, then it is fine to go ahead without the contract class

Thanks for replying Naresh,

What I meant was that I have not created any Contract class as no parameters are desired. But I have used a Controller class as I have called my report from X++ standard class. So is this approach fine? Does is comply with the good practices for the RDP based report.

Thanks,

Preeti

Thanks for replying Naresh,

What I meant was that I have not created any Contract class as my report does not require any parameters. But i have created a Controller class for the report as I needed to call the SSRS report from an existing X++ standard class(InventTransferUpdate). So is this approach fine? Is it okay and does it comply with the good practices for the RDP based SSRS reports?

Thanks,

Suggestions please!!!

:slight_smile:

Hii preeti

I am also facing issue if u know the answer can u please give me a suggestion,and also i hav a question when was i used contract class and contract class in RDP? can u please explain ,

HI Preeti

Please consider this link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn249829.aspx

Regards

Nakul