SQL Server and ODBC (version 4.0.22100) has anyone ever got this to work???

I am using SQL 2000 SP2 (same issue with SQL 2005 SP2) on Windows Server 2003 SP2. I do not have any Navision components installed on my machine other than the ODBC driver and a Dynamics NAV database.

I have set up my ODBC driver as per the following article:

http://www.statssheet.com/articles/article46665.html

What I want to do is create Views based on T-SQL statements like the following:

SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(NAV_CHRONUS,‘SELECT * FROM Customer’)

I have the following issues: If the database has a user-name or password then I get error messages saying that the user name/password combination is incorrect (when they are correct).

If I reference a database with no user name or password the first one or two queries work okay but then after some time has elapsed (typically a few minutes) I get messages similar to the following (when executing SQL queries which had just worked fine):

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

OLE DB provider ‘MSDASQL’ reported an error.

[OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver’s SQLSetConnectAttr failed]

[OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver’s SQLSetConnectAttr failed]

[OLE/DB provider returned message: [Simba][SimbaEngine ODBC Driver][DRM File Library]The operating system returned the error (183):Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Error: 183]

OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider ‘MSDASQL’ IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ].

Once things have gone belly-up then I cannot even link the tables in Access anymore and get messages like:

ODBC- call failed

[Simba][Simba Engine ODBC Driver][DRM File Library]The program is unable to connect to the server’s process. This is because the server is running as a service using a system account. Please run the client using the network instead.

Error: 899 S1000-4999[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver’s SQLSetConnectASttr failed (#0).

Hi,

Did you find a solution to establish a linked server connection to navision?

We have the same problem and NAV3.7 works fine…

Best regards

Christian