SQL and License Quantity Limits

We have an opportunity with 500 users operating through Citrix Server to 40 locations. Is this possible with Navision SQL?

This just isn’t enough information, yo will need to be more specific. Are they 500 users on 40 Navision servers? 500 remote sites accessing one Navision server through Citrix? Are they all current active users? What is the transaction volume? Can much of this be viewed as a Web application? etc. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________

There are 500 licenses at 40 sites operating against one database on a bank of 20 Citrix servers. Current database is Oracle.

It depends for a great deal on what these 500 users are doing. If it are mainly people doing lots of order entry, generating reports and doing plenty postings, you will run beyond the capacity which Navision Financials/Attain can handle decently. If the vast majority is occasional visitor only, i.e. for hours registration, you could be running with native database or SQL. When heavy use is expected, I believe looking at Axapta is a better solution here (even runs on Oracle also). John

Will the site be using Financials, Distribution, Manufacturing or Attain and with what options? and what modifications? With a lot of disclaimers I say that with Financials you could get 500 people using a cluster of SQL servers fairly easily. Our 300 user SQL site was 2.6 with distribution and was fine, with 100% as Citrix users running from 4 or 5 quad processor boxes to a active/passive cluster of 2 quad processor SQL servers. These guys were doing heaps of order entry and postings. As David asks - whats the transactions volume? Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au