Split Payment Terms

Our client wants the ability to split the original payment into terms over specified periods of time. Such as due 30 / 60 / 90 and so on. Example ( Invoice $1000.00 , 30 days you owe $333.33, 60 days you own $333.33 and the 90 days you owe $333.34). As far as I was told Navision doesn’t support this. Any ideas???

I guess nothing can save you from issuing three invoices (at least 3 Custom ledger Entries) to reflect this particular case. Marcus Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

Steve One way you could do this is to add a Field to the G/L Journal Line which would be the “Amount to Apply” for the Customer/Vendor Payment Lines. You would need an Additional Table to split the % based on a Calc Date formula Customer 10000 30D 33% Customer 10000 60D 66% Customer 10000 90D 100% when you created statements or suggested payments look to this table when calculating the Amount Due for payment and Populate the “Amount to Apply” Field with this value IE: the second application would be calculated. 66% of the (Amount - “Payment Discount”)-((Amount- “Payment Discount”) - “Remaining Amount”) You will then need to adjust the “G/L Post Line” to apply the “Amount to Apply” field and recalculate the Due Date and payment Discount Date. You will need to adjust your Revenue forcast reports to reflect the new function. Mr David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

This WAS actually standard functionality in the Spanish Navision 3.xx (character based). The way it was implemented was that one invoice was issued, but the customer ledger entries was split into 2 or 3 separate entries each with it’s own due date. If you only need to do this occasionally, then I think you can split one customer ledger entry into several entries by using recurring journals + allocations - however, I have not tried this approach. /Lars