Spedire a Prov

Does the ship to county (Spedire a Prov) is the correct field to set up the following data ? PIEMONTE/VALLE AOSTA LOMBARDIA VENETO TRENTINO FRIULI LIGURIA EMILIA ROMAGNA TOSCANA MARCHE UMBRIA LAZIO ABRUZZO MOLISE CAMPANIA PUGLIA BASILICATA CALABRIA SICILIA SARDEGNA

Hi Tarek, I would answer No it isn’t. The county is used to specify the province, like Alessandria, Asti, Cuneo, Torino, Novara, Vercelli that are the districts of Piemonte. If you use the county to set up the region (Piemonte, Lombardia …) you have to include the province in the city name.

Where would you typically set up the region (PIEMONTE/VALLE AOSTA LOMBARDIA …) in Navision then ? Territory Code ? or create a custom field ?

quote:

Where would you typically set up the region (PIEMONTE/VALLE AOSTA LOMBARDIA …) in Navision then ? Territory Code ? or create a custom field ?
Originally posted by Tarek Demiati - 2005 Apr 19 : 09:15:20

Maybe a dimension. What do you need it for? Anna

Hello Anna, I need it for calculating Shipping Cost after the Sales Order has been released to the Wharehouse Management module. So I do need this information at Sales Order Header level and also in the Ship-to Address table since shipping cost need to be calculated based on the Region (PIEMONTE/VALLE AOSTA) and The total Amount Exc. VAT of the Sales Order.

quote:

Hello Anna, I need it for calculating Shipping Cost after the Sales Order has been released to the Wharehouse Management module. So I do need this information at Sales Order Header level and also in the Ship-to Address table since shipping cost need to be calculated based on the Region (PIEMONTE/VALLE AOSTA) and The total Amount Exc. VAT of the Sales Order.
Originally posted by Tarek Demiati - 2005 Apr 19 : 10:10:51

Well, a region is made of a number of provinces, so you might use the province to achieve the same purpose, but I understand that it might be difficult to handle for non-Italian users. Anyway, I’ve checked the standard forms Customer Card and Sales Order and discovered that the Province field is never shown. So I guess many users simply put the province acronym in the City field to have it printed where needed, it should even look better. [:D] Anna

I forgot to mention that the shipping cost amount is based on the region : There are just 19 regions : PIEMONTE/VALLE AOSTA, LOMBARDIA, VENETO, TRENTINO, FRIULI, LIGURIA, EMILIA ROMAGNA, TOSCANA, MARCHE,UMBRIA LAZIO, ABRUZZO, MOLISE, CAMPANIA, PUGLIA, BASILICATA, CALABRI, BASICILIA, SARDEGNA So setting up the shipping cost to charge is quite straight forward compared to setting up the shipping cost against each county. I guess I will add a field called Region on Table ID 225 - Post Code and have the user setup the region for each city …

quote:

I forgot to mention that the shipping cost amount is based on the region : There are just 19 regions : PIEMONTE/VALLE AOSTA, LOMBARDIA, VENETO, TRENTINO, FRIULI, LIGURIA, EMILIA ROMAGNA, TOSCANA, MARCHE,UMBRIA LAZIO, ABRUZZO, MOLISE, CAMPANIA, PUGLIA, BASILICATA, CALABRI, BASICILIA, SARDEGNA So setting up the shipping cost to charge is quite straight forward compared to setting up the shipping cost against each county.

Yes, I know and provinces are about 150…

quote:

I guess I will add a field called Region on Table ID 225 - Post Code and have the user setup the region for each city …
Originally posted by Tarek Demiati - 2005 Apr 19 : 11:32:43

… but cities that might be stored in table 225 are thousands… well, hundreds anyway. [8D] Anna

Hi Tarek, Territory is a good table to place italian regions. If you need a file with the complete italian Post Code filled with city, county, territory, simply ask for it and i’ll send you. [:D]