sp3 in sql

HELLO WORLD, HELP, I CAN INSTAL SP3 IN SQL 7.0 WITHOUT PROBLEMS, I HAVE INSTALLED SQL 7.0 IN SP2. THANKS VERY MUCH.

Hello Oscar, If you can install it, what’s then your problem? Please notice that this forum is not about SQL Server in general, but about technical problems with Navision Financials/Attain. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group PS: Oscar, I guess that you don’t know that using UPPERCASE letters (like you did) on the internet is considered as shouting and unwanted!

sorry Erik, may i instal sp3 in sql 7.00 ?, wihtout problems. sorry my english. i have now instal sql 7.0 and sp2. thanks.

Yes; however, you need to be using 2.60.E.

You don’t need 2.60E when running against SQL Server 7.0 SP3. Financials doesn’t care about bugs fixed for SP3 and still requires only SP2, as from version 2.60. If you’re going to upgrade, at this stage I would recommend that you go to SQL Server 2000.

My recommendation of 2.60.E is based what the US NTR requires if you desired support. However, each country is diffent. I also based my recommendation on a number of different filtering issues that I’ve seen happen when using prior versions of 2.60. Therefore, I standby my recommendation.

Sorry, I didn’t think you had recommended it - I thought you said you needed it, for SP3. I would also recommend it.

Yes, I did originally say need, which is based on what the US NTR requires for support if you are using SP3 for SQL 7. In the US, you must also be using 2.60.E if you wish to use SP1 for SQL 2000. Otherwise, you need at least 2.60.C for both SQL 7 w/SP2 or SQL 2000.

Thats interesting information, since 2.6E has no relationship to nor makes any special use of SQL7 SP3 or SQL2000 SP1 (nor, for that matter, do any of the 2.6 service packs). But its always a benefit, for the SQL version, to be using the latest service packs.