Showing collumms

Hello! What I am trying to do is the following: In a tabular type form I want to be able to show a column depending on the value of a field in the selected record. I tried the On AfterGetCurRecord Trigger, but this doesn’t work. Anyone? Anolis Sittard Netherlands

Try moving your code to the OnFormat() Trigger of the desired control (column). tarek_demiati@ureach.com

It is possible to follow this principle for card type forms , where if a customer begins with “ABC” then an extra tab appears, or possibly just extra fields on this tab ?

On a list veiw form it is better to use the EDITABLE function rather than the VISIBLE stops boxes dissapearing and reappearing. I create a function SetForm which set’s the textbox’s based on the value of the record field, I do this OnAfterGetRecord and it works fine. You also need to call the function OnNewRecord to reset the Boxes to default But if you need to do this after a field has a new value then you would call the function OnAfterValidate trigger for the text box SetForm; // turn on the Boxes CurrForm.UPDATE; // Refresh the form David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Let me give you an example: I had to establish a tabular form where parameters for contact lenses can be entered. A parameter can either be CODE (e.g. the Material used) or a DECIMAL (e.g. Sphere). Therefore I have three fields: IsDecVar : Boolean; DecParameter : Decimal; TextParameter : Code10; Depending on IsDecVar either the DecParameter or the TextParameter column will be editable. Remember what David said: The “EDITABLE” property will be changed, not the “VISIBLE” property. Generally you should avoid to set an object to Invisible. Users are getting confused why they don’t see fields they have just seen a minute ago. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

Thanks, The Editable property works, however, this gives one problem. When the user is going through all the fields with the TAB-key, the cursor stops when they reach a non-editable field. They have to use their mouse to continue, which is to much for them. (…) Any solutions? With regards. Anolis Sittard Netherlands

Unfortunately the only way I know of is to set the NextControl Field to the next logical field that you want them to jump to. Hope this helps:) Darren Bezzant, NCPS, NCSD dbz@nb.aibn.com

quote:

… this gives one problem. When the user is going through all the fields with the TAB-key, the cursor stops when they reach a non-editable field. They have to use their mouse to continue, which is to much for them. (…)

No solution unfortunately. I had exactly the same problem and didn’t come up with a solution in reasonable time. The “trick” with the NextControl won’t work: Which is the “NextControl” of the IsDecVar Field (referring to my example) ? AFAIK you cannot dynamically change the nextControl property depending on a boolean Value. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian