Shop Calendar shift redundancy/conflict

Hi folks, I am trying to schedule two shifts which overlap by 30 minutes. The Shop Calendar should be set to:
Monday - 7:00am - 5:00pm DAYSHIFT
Monday - 4:30pm - 02:30am NIGHTSHIFT

However, BC shows an error:
Validation Results - There is redundancy in the Shop Calendar. Actual work shift xxx Conflicting work shift xxx

Surely we’re able to define overlapping shifts?
Are there any options I should look at please?

Cheers,
Hamish

Further to this question - how should I configure a shift to finish the next day at 2:30am? I get an error “Ending time must be higher than starting time”

For the first scenario you cannot overlap, so we usually just start the second shift after the first and to handle the second issue you could enter as:
Monday 7:00am - 4:45pm shift 1
Mondaye 4:45:01 - 11:59:59 shift 2
Tuesday 12:00am - 2:30am shift 2

Business Central does not allow overlapping shifts in the Shop Calendar, as it can cause conflicts and errors in the system. However, there are a few options that you can consider to work around this limitation.

One option is to adjust the start and end times of the shifts so that they do not overlap. For example, you could set the night shift to start at 5:30pm instead of 4:30pm, and end at 3:30am instead of 2:30am. This would allow for a 30-minute buffer between the two shifts.

Another option is to create separate calendars for each shift, rather than trying to define them both in the same calendar. This would allow you to have more flexibility in defining the shift times and avoid any conflicts or errors.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.