Sharing C/ODBC connection

Hi, I am planning on making a program that allow multiple users to view/add/modify quotes and customer information using C/ODBC or C/Front. We will be using an ODBC-ODBC bridge, such as the one from OpenLink. This bridge uses only one ODBC connection for all clients. This means 1 database session for multiple users. The question is: Is this allowed under Navision? If not, what about retriving information to be shown on the web, without webshop or user portal? Notes: 1 - I don’t need to turn the qoutes into order, it will be done from within Navision. This makes it easier for to make that program. 2 - The program will be used internally by my company only. It will not be sold to others. 3 - The Navision CDROM that I have is version 2.60B US. The license agreement file is missin in that CD. The CD is authentic. We paid over $50,000 USD, and buying $1,800 per database session is too much. Thanks in advance for your help…

Navision doesn’t like it, but it is perfectly okay to use an ODBC connection serving multiple external users. You may want to take a look at the products from EasySoft (www.easysoft.com), which have a good reputation in this area. However, be aware that the C/ODBC driver from the 2.60B version is not working correctly. Make sure you use the latest version (2.60F in most countries), which you get for free if your license includes the upgrade option. If you need additional database sessions, consider using Navision Application Server with web-users (much cheaper). Price for an additional session is quite an amount, but allows you to have full access to the program. Every pricing mechanism is having its pro’s and con’s, but at least Navision’s modular approach doesn’t force you to pay for things you don’t use. Mentioning the amount of 50K$ alone is rather meaningless - what did you get for it, how much does your company have saved by using Navision? John