Setting a filter on a datefilter

I have created a variable NewDate datatype=flowfilter and i have another variable CurrentDate datatype=date on a form i want to be able to set a filter between CurrentDate and Newdate. meaning, if newdate = 03/04/10 and there are 5 records where the current date = 03/04/10 then the form must only display records that fall on that date.(03/04/10. i tried saying setrange(currentdate, newdate); and that didnt work.

Hi qaqamba :-),

let’s see…some questions:

• when you said: “a variable NewDate and another variable CurrentDate”, you meant FIELDS in a table, right?

• why do you want to use a Flowfilter to do that?. You can just make a filter on your own CurrentDate to show only the registers for a specific date. No? (or maybe another Field Type Date…but depending on what you want to do…)

• normally FlowFilters are used to act together with FlowFields. Then, you select the Method for the Calculation Formula, from which table, which field, and the filters…and 1 of the filters can be: WHERE XDate = DateFilter. Then when you use the FlowFilter for your specific Form, the FlowField that uses that FlowFilter will be updated automatically.

Am I missing anything? What’s exactly what you want to do?

Regards,

Vane.

Hi qaqamba,

were you able to solve your problem?

If you need any more guidance, just tell us please.

Regards,
Vane.