Set up in Navision Manufacturing Area

Dear all At the moment I face some problems in the Navision Manufacturing application. Hope that you or other user can help me to solve the problems. The problem are : If I should produce one finishing item ( let say The X Desk ), then I should set up the Production BOM for that finishing item ( let say the X Desk are content of item R and item S ) The item R itself was the BOM items too, means that they are content of item A, item B and item C The question are what is the impact if : 1. I set up the Production BOM for the finishing item ( the X Desk ) with the BOM level item R ( I choose the option of “ITEM” in the TYPE field ) and item S ( I also choose the option of “ITEM” in the TYPE field ) 2. I set up the Production BOM for the finishing item ( the X Desk ) with the BOM level item R ( I choose the option of “PRODUCTION BOM” in the TYPE field ) and item S ( I choose the option of “ITEM” in the TYPE field ) Thanks for your kindly attention and the help too. Best Regards, Grace Vin

Hi Firstly there is a forum for this [:D] http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=19 In answer to your question in step 1 the planning engine will tell you when planning for item R that you need to make it (if you do) and then you will also have to plan for items a, b and c. In step 2 the Production BOM option is treated as a “phantom” (If you have manufacturing experience you will be aware of this concept). Essentially it means item R is never stocked, instead it is always blown through on the planning engine so you need items a, b and c. Essentially an item is an item on inventory, a production bom is not. The best bet is to set it up and try it.