Service Tax Calculation

Hi All,

I do not have much knowledge of functional.

I want to know how Service Tax get calculated?

Upto my knowledge

Service Tax Group must attached to Item.

Service Tax Structure must be selected.

what else?

Define the service tax percentage in service tax setup against each category

Hi Amol,

That is it? nothing else?

Actually I want to know process technically.

Can you please explain?

Thanks,

To setup Service Tax in the Navision you have follow following steps

• Tax Groups
  • Tax Setup
  • Tax Registration Nos.

To open the Service Tax Setup Forms, you have to go to Financial Management → Setup → Service Tax

• Tax Groups
  1. 1)Open Tax Groups Form(Financial Management → Setup → Service Tax → Tax Groups)

2. 2)Code Field: This field indicates the code for the service tax group. ie, code to specify the tax like 12.36%

3. 3)Description Field: This field displays the description of the service tax group code .

• Tax Setup
  1. 1)Open Tax Groups Form**(Financial Management → Setup → Service Tax → Tax Setup)**

2. **2)**Here you assign the service tax group code defined in the service tax group.

3. 3)From Date Field: Here you define the date from when the service tax group code will be applicable .

4. 4)Service Tax % Field: Here you define the percentage for the service tax applicable for the service tax group code.

5. 5)eCess % Field: Here you define the percentage for the educational Cess applicable for the service tax group code.

6. 6)SHE Cess % Field: Here you define the percentage for the SHE Cess applicable for the service tax group code.

7. **7)**Fill the accounts fields like Service Tax Receivable Account, Service Tax Payable Account, Recevable Acc. Interim(Dist), Payable Acc. Interim(Dist) etc.

• Tax Registration Nos.
  1. 1)Open Tax Groups Form**(Financial Management → Setup → Service Tax -->** Tax Registration Nos.)

2. 2)Code Field: This field contains the code number given at the time of registration of the service tax.

3. 3) Description Field: This field contains the description of the code number.

Hope this will help…