Send dataport text file output to FTP site ...

Hi, I have install the dataport that I just created that would export all the purchase orders on the purchases & payable menu as a selection. Instead of opening the browser and uploading the text file to the client’s ftp site, can I do the whole process (exporting and uploading) all at once after I click on the dataport selection? (As I only know the “Hyperlink” function will get me to the client’s ftp site, but actually don’t know how to get the file, and send it to the site). Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Sylvia Tsang Management Software Solutions, Inc. stsang@mgmtsoftware.com

First, I’d search the web for a shareware ftp ocx that you can install on the upload machine. And then, you could write a report that calls the dataport, which createds your output file, and then calls the automation controller to upload your file. There are serveral postings on automation, with great code examples, that should help. Good luck. If you have problems, feel free to contact me.

A really simple solution (but not so fancy) could be to use the call ftp command in NT/W2k with the shell command. There’s info about the ftp commande in Windows help files //Lars