Sell-to Contact_Buy-from Contact

Greetings

M/y client could like me to remove the contact details, Sell-to Contact and Buy-from Contact from the sales invoice and purchase order and purchase invoice. Any idea how best this could be done.

In the Sales invoice, Purchase Order and Purchase Invoice reports, customer and vendor details are in arrays, and dynamic meaning details more up and down bases on the lack of or the more of customer and vendor details. Depending on this details eventually contact details will be printed.

I have set up the contact address as Last, so it prints on the 8th array however if there are less details on the customer and vendor card, the 8th array will print eventually.

How do i stop Sell-to Contact and Buy-from Contact from the sales invoice and purchase order and purchase invoice?

Kind Regards

Vicky Ashneil Chandra

Hi Vicky,

So you need to prevent it from being printed, but you still want it on the customer card, sales order page etc. in NAV? Will you be printing the contact name anywhere in the system? And is it also the Bill-to Contact?

If not, then one way to remove it is to do the change in codeunit 365 (Format Address). Here you can either clear the content of the Contact var in the FormatAddr function. Or you can do it individually for the specific data types, eg. SalesHeaderSellTo.

Hi Erik,

Thank you so much, Yes i need to clear the content of the contact var. I did try removing the contact coding from the codeunit, however i got into more trouble, as a was playing around with arrays. yes clearing the content of the contact var should resolve my problem.

kind regards

vicky ashneil chandra