self consuming items track required (ex: RAM, Hard Disk etc)

Hi Good Morning every one,

My client is purchasing stationery items (self consuming purpose). But the client wants track of consumable items like …purchased Items …consumed Items …remaining items. These items are not trading items. So how can we map this scenario in MS Dynamics Ax 2009. Can any tell me any work arround is exist?

with regards,

Satya

If they want to track them it is an inventory item. You “inventory” list is a list of items held in inventory, by wanting to track them you make them inventory, your inventory list is NOT just trading items, therefore this is your perception, so you can just use the standard item records to track these requirements.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I want to know from which screen I can consume items for internal issue. Because the items are not trading items - I can not utilize sales screen to consume.

Regards,

Satya

You would use inventory journals, but it would really depend upon the business reason for consumption.

Hi AdamRoue,

If using inventory journals, which type of journal we should use for this scenario? For example, a FIFO item consumed internally.

Thanks,

It depends upon the traceability. A profit and loss journal does it but if I wanted segrgation in teh accounts due to the type of issue I would use a movement journal with different offsets.

Guys,

For the client I’m implementing, they procure all the items only for internal operations.

Suppose, the PR will be rised by HR department for Pens and after they are procured all will be consumed by HR department. Similar case with all the departments.

It is not possible to ask them to post a movement journal everytime to record that as consumption. Wanted to know your thoughts.

As there is no sale for the organization, all the issue transactions will be through movement journal. So, what is the impact of costing model?

I would not track them as inventory and allocate the invoice to the department. Where they are across multiple departments I may do this differently, but to be honest I would not track the movement and cost of pens, cost prohibitive really.

But Adam, I want to have tracing on what is the consumption by each department and how many PRs have been rised and from which supplier i got the goods and everything.

So, I dont have the other option than considering that as inventory and record the consumption.

I got what you would not do but it would be helpful if you even tell what you would do to achieve this [:D]

You can still process it though as a service item on the PR, why not do this and not stock them?

Sorry Adam, i have one more case here which making me not to treat them as service items [:(].

Purchase department purchases the stationary and stock it with stores department. In this case i want to trace the stock like how much stock is available and what is the stock value. Once the other departments request the stock the stock will be moved from stores and to be treated as consumption.

Sorry Adam, i have one more case here which making me not to treat them as service items [:(].

Purchase department purchases the stationary and stock it with stores department. In this case i want to trace the stock like how much stock is available and what is the stock value. Once the other departments request the stock the stock will be moved from stores and to be treated as consumption.

How about set up an internal project “Internal use”, and use the project purchase order to consume the item?

Then do it all through movement journals. However it seems to be a huge waste of time and effort based upon the description - the cost of stationary and the subsequent processing means there is limited value in the process and no chance of ROI.