Selected objects for restore.

Hi In some cases we require the objects from the backup. But all the objects are not ncecessary to restore. How we can restore selected objects from Navision backup? Is it possible ?. Regards Joseph Mathew Edited by - joseph_mathew on 2001 Jul 03 14:31:08

From a backup you can only restore all application-objects or none. There is no possibility to restore selected objects. But you could create a new, empty database, then restore the application-objects, and then transfer the objects via import/export to your database. Or, in addition to your backup, you export all object into a file. From this file you can import selected objects. No other way - sorry.

I’m pretty sure you can go into object designer, select file/import and then use the fbk file instead of a fob. You can then select the objects to restore.

Easy mark (CTR+F1) the Object you want from the backup. Menu > Veiw > Marked Only then Import! This will filter only the objects you marked! works I tried it on One Object! David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Damn - this does it! I’m working with this program since the first beta. And i never knew that i can import a .fbk-file. This is really hard to swallow. Probably i already read about that feature more than one time - but when you know better, no other truth can touch your genius :wink:

Wait a second! Just to make sure I understood: If you import an .fbk you will not only import the object (structure) but also the data??? ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

No Marcus Importing an *.fbk instead of a *.fob into the object designer. Selecting the object required fromthe fbk, by using CTR+F1 selecting marked only and Importing them Objects! David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

You can also filter within the import screen for objects type or numbers… whatever is appropriate and it will only import the remaining objects left showing. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au