Section Code in NAV 2009 to NAV 2013

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading a report of NAV 2009 to NAV 2013 and NAV 2009 sections have code to be transformed to NAV 2013.

Attached is the sample layout of the report in NAV 2009. The requirement is very similar to the attached layout and layout is attached for some idea how to bring in the code to NAV 2013.

From the figure, we can see that under the “Sales Line” is indented an Integer(SalesLineSummary). In the classic report, the requirement is achieved by footer sections of “SalesLineSummary”.

There are 4 footer sections and on each section, there is CurrReport.Showoutput condition to handle the visibility of the section. In this area, the same can be mapped to visibility/hidden property of the row in Visual Stusio RDL layout.

But added to this, I have code after the CurrReport.Showoutput condition which looks like below in bold.

// Footer Section 1 - OnPresection

CurrReport.Showoutput(PrintFlag1);

IF CurrReport.Showoutput THEN BEGIN PrintText1 := AssignValues(x,y);

PrintFlag1 := FALSE; //in the onpredataitem of SalesLineSummary, this is initialized to true

END;

// Footer Section 2 - OnPresection

CurrReport.Showoutput(PrintFlag2);

IF CurrReport.Showoutput THEN BEGIN // Footer Section 2

PrintText2 := AssignValues(z,w); //in the onpredataitem of SalesLineSummary, this is initialized to true

PrintFlag2 := FALSE;

END;

I have given the above code as sample and I need to transform similar code to NAV 2013. Any inputs from anybody in this regard and help me proceed further.

Thanks & regards

Raghavendar

You Cant Use showoutput function. but u can put visibility condition in visual studio

=iif(Fields!MyFields.value = VALUE , True,false)