Second AOS installation not working properly on single server with AX 2009

Hello everyone,

I’m new to Dynamics AX and had encountered some issues while trying to set up our development environment. We currently have a complete AX 2009 SP1 installation on a Window Server 2008 machine with SQL Server 2005. The installation was completed successfully and the initialization checklist was performed without errors.

The problem raised when trying to install the second AOS instance on the same machine to be used as a staging environment (for testing purposes). We installed it as recomended by the installation guide with a new BD, new app file and new AOS, so far so good! but after setting the client on the same server to point to this AOS instance using the configuration utility and we noticed that we weren’t able to create new users (we can create users on the first AOS instance without problem). After searching for the cause of this behaviour we notice that the license in this second installation is set to the base package (we are using the same that for the first AOS that allow us to have at most 5 AOS instances). What configuration steps should be followed to get multiple instances working on a single server? How do the licenses work in this cases?

Is there any other issue that might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dayanna

You have two separate license key files or one? If you installed a second database (BD?), second AOS, and second application folder, you should have no issue just starting it up I wouldn’t think. Are you pointing to the database for the first installation by mistake?

We have one license file that has a configuration key that allows up to 5 AOS.

Each AOS is pointing to the right database, we already check that but it seems that we are missing something else [:(]

So the install completes successfully, you change the client config to point to the second aos (port 2713 or something…?), AX opens up just fine, but you’re unable to add users?

Can you create a sales order and do normal operations like that?

If you’re using the same license key as the first AOS, it should have the same abilities as is. If I want, I can make 100 AOS’s with the same license key on the same machine. If they have their own databases, application folders, and AOSs, they should act independently. This doesn’t seem to make sense to me why one of your AOSs can add users and the other can not.

Is there a specific error message?

Hello.

I am having exactly the same problem. First installation completely OK, and then when trying to install the second, the installation goes OK, but when loading the license it only shows the Base Package.

When trying to use the app, there are problems creating users, address book entries, etc.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Eduardo.

You both should reload your license keys then. Go to Admin>Setup>System>License Information and then click the “Load license file” button in the upper right corner.

It sounds like you’ve somehow loaded a bad license file on the second run…in SQL against both your good environment and your bad one, run “select * from SysConfig” and it should pull back a bunch of keys. See if the two environments are different.

Hi.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Did the comparison.

Aside from RECIDs and timestamps, both tables look the same except for the following line, which is present in the “good” database:

CONFIGTYPE ID VALUE MODIFIEDDATETIME DEL_MODIFIEDTIME MODIFIEDBY CREATEDDATETIME DEL_CREATEDTIME CREATEDBY RECVERSION RECID

4 6 5.0.1500.3761 2010-12-29 23:28:22.000 62902 -AOS- 2010-12-29 23:28:22.000 62902 -AOS- 1 5637146894

Tried inserting the row in the “bad” database, but still has the problem.

I reloaded the license file in the bad instance, and I noticed it shows some warnings after loading:

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 600 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 154 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 156 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 149 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 635 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 802 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 801 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 601 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 602 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 603 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 604 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 605 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 649 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 650 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 654 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 655 has not been created.

Warning Message (06:48:29 pm) License value for ID 659 has not been created.

So far this is the status of things.

Regards,

Eduardo.

1. You do not want to use SQL to insert any records. AX controls RecIds, so this is almost always a very bad idea, if you did this.
  2. You said both tables look the same, but you also said earlier that if you look at your license information, you only see Base Package? So where do you only see base package? If you go to Admin>Setup>System>License Information, does it display all of your purchased licenses?
  3. Those warnings are very strange…I think something else is up.

To see what those licenses actually are, go to the AOT>DataDictionary>LicenseCodes, right click on one and click properties and view the ID, then you’ll know what key it is. You can create a job in the AOT to look up those ID #'s. Silly question, but did you do a full compile and full synchronize? Create this job to refresh your security and synchronize your AOT:

static void reloadSecurity(Args _args)

{;

SysSecurity::reload(true);

info(“Done”);

}

// This job just displays what the ID’s label is.

static void outputLicenseLabel(Args _args)

{;

print SysLicenseCodeReadFile::codeDescription(801);

pause;

}

I am also facing same issue now.

Please can you guys let me know, how we can fix this?

Thanks in Advance,

Loganathan S

Me too,
I can’t start the AOS2, same license.
I saw some article that you should stop the AOS1 and start the AOS2, then start the AOS1.
but its not working. or because my AOS2 is on compilation process?

It seems to matter if you load the license file from a client and which layer you are in.

License load problems were corrected when loading on AOS server box.

Hello Akito Son,

I have the same problems when installing AX2012 multiple AOS instance on the local computer.

Have you solve your problems? Can you share with me?

Thanks,
Edwin