Search and Replace in forms

I would really like to see a search and replace function that actually would work in forms. I.e. that I could search for my comments (i.e. MOD15) in all triggers to all controls. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

The best you can do for that is using Impulse workbench for searching where that function is used and then replace the function in all those objects. Another way could be exporting all your items to a text file and then using a good text editor (Ultraedit-32 or something similar) to replace all the places where that function appears (that way is more risky if the function has a common name… but if it’s having a extrange name it’s the fastest). Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

Yes ofcause there is a workaround. This is what I do today. I export the objects in text and edit them with Notepad or a similar editor. But it’s not a very good solution… Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

Then try impulse workbench instead… it’s the safest way… (but also a slow one…) :slight_smile: Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

My life is too short to Impuls Workbench! Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

I always found that importing all my objects into Impulse workbench is a pretty good excuse for taking a 3 hours lunch break :wink:

quote:

Originally posted by Admin: My life is too short to Impuls Workbench! Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

Tarek Demiati Freelance Navision Developer Email : tarek_demiati@ureach.com Phone : + 65 - 906 787 16

I think a lot of people miss the point of impuls. It is an excelent training tool. I would recommend that everyone getting started in Navision use it to learn about links in the base application. There just isn’t time these days for new users to learn Navision the way we did back then. For an experienced Navision developer though, it is faster to use the Navision tools than implus. But I would love to have had it 10 years ago. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________

Luckily the speed has improved drastically in the new version of IWB called Navision Developers Toolkit - released with Attain. /Soren

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton: I think a lot of people miss the point of impuls. It is an excelent training tool.

That’s true. The graphical part to show the cross references is actually great. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

Is there any known limitations in using the new Navision Developers Toolkit with versions of Navision prior to Attain? Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner