scheduling with time fence more than 100 days

Hi Guys,

I got a familiar error “Not enough Capacity could be found” when running Master Scheduling.

I’ve analyzed and seem because it takes >=100 days production to fulfill the requirement.

All setting related time fence already set to 365 days (Master Plan Setup, Coverage Group Setup, Item Coverage)

And already check also suggestion from this article https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/axmfg/2013/01/24/production-order-could-not-be-scheduled-not-enough-capacity-could-be-found-how-to-get-to-the-bottom-of-this/

But the error still came out.

For your information. this is the example :

Run time = 50 pcs / hour

working time = 24 hour (7 days a week)

requirement = 120000, system will show error because it take 100 days capacity

if you change requirement to = 119999, master scheduling will run smoothly, because only need 99 days

Is there any setup that I missed?

Thanks.

Tell us what you have set up so we can tell you if anything is missing. Screenshots would be good

Hi Adam,

I know you will read and reply my post [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

Here is what i’ve setup

Master Plan

pastedimage1538034442301v1.png

Cov Group

pastedimage1538034500350v2.png

Working times : already setup to 24 hour per day, 7 days a week for 1 year ahead

Route already setup as i explained above

I’m not override at all in item coverage so default will be same with cov group

As a test tick the override flag on the capacity of the plan to 365, this will ensure it looks forward far enough and no other setting impacts. See what that does for the 120,000. Make sure you run a full unfiltered plan.

Do you have one coverage group for the parent and all BOM/Formula lines?

“As a test tick the override flag on the capacity of the plan to 365, this will ensure it looks forward far enough and no other setting impacts. See what that does for the 120,000” → I’ve test it before i post the issue in here, but that error message still came out and i test it again now and still the same

“Make sure you run a full unfiltered plan”. → i’m running ms sched without any filter and error still came out

“Do you have one coverage group for the parent and all BOM/Formula lines?” → in my client just have single cov group, but in my local env has more than one cov group, but i can ensure you that correct cov group already setup in master plan setup

If the error message came up when you selected the 365 days override in the plan then it cannot be 100 days. The message is a misleading one telling you something that is not wrong, this means you need a developer to debug it and tell you the code issue that is being called.

FYI…This is standard, there is no customization at all in ms scheduling…i will try to raise it to MS

Thanks Adam

It might all be standard but in standard you can schedule out more than 100 days, so “something” in your setup is restricting this.

Hi All,

it’s because miss setup in max job lead time in Production Parameter, increase the number as many max time fence that you want and error message will gone