Scheduling Engine capacity

Hello, something strange is happening here.

I’m getting an error in my production environment when I try to release a production order:

stacktrace:

I found this site that seemed applicable and started going through the steps. We have 6 machines set up for operation 80, all of which are for the correct site and have calendars. I tried turning off the scheduling parameters. I don’t think we’re doing finite scheduling - We don’t use AX to actually schedule our machines, we accomplish that though manual workflows. With nothing else to try, I decided to attempt to enable the logging - however, I didn’t want to enable logging in production, as lots of users are in there… so I refreshed our test environment and enabled logging there. However, when I attempted to reproduce the error in test, I got a different message:

CLR Error.png

It’s definitely related, but it occurs at an earlier point in the code, where we’re initializing the scheduling engine:

And no, before you ask, I don’t have the "Enable the hot-swapping of assemblies for each develpment session.’ checkbox checked in the Ax Server Configuration Utility. And the line about data at the root level being invalid is because I added this code to the PropUndScheduling.Run method right before it throws the error:

info(strFmt("%1",AifUtil::getClrErrorMessage()));

I think it’s failing on some sort of xml import or something? But I have no idea why live doesn’t have this problem. The tracing I turned on in Test isn’t doing anything but it might if I could get past this CLR error.

Anyway, I hope that was enough information. I would appreciate any attempts to help, or even just to explain what the scheduling engine is trying to do - maybe I can simply ignore this functionality and any errors it throws? We do not schedule our machines using Axapta.

Thanks,

The site I refer to, which I somehow failed to get into the post, is here:
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/…/

Please go to the work order of your message, find the production route form related, and post pictures of the Times and Resource requirements tabs

Thank you, here are the screenshots:

Times Tab.png

The first thing I would try and I’m pretty sure of, is to activate ‘Operations scheduling’ parameter, as for a Resource group scheduling is done at the operations level. If this change works in your work order, then you can change it in the route for the item so it is applied by default in the next work orders.

Then your data in the Times tab means that you produce 500 units/minute, you mention that you have 6 machines, my question is: the 6 machines produced 500u./min or just one of them? If this is the capacity for one machine then you should multiply 500 * 6, and/or change the Resources-Quantity field to 6 in the resources requirements tab (I’m not so sure in how this fields works exactly)

Hope it helps

Changing the Resources-Quantity field to 6 fixed my problem.