"Save As" function

My NSC is trying to create a dataport for me that will save the data to a CSV file. My problem is that, when saving the file, they only give me the functionality to type out the entire folder location and file name in a text box. This is very cumbersome and difficult to explain to end users. I would like a button inside of the text box that will give a a “Save As” dialog box that will allow me to browse out to the folder location of my choice. I believe that this functionality exists many places within Navision. I have asked my NSC for this and they claim that a default text box gives them the ability to do this. However, they say that they have to add a custom “Export” text box to the options tab in the dataport and they do not know how to provide “Save As” dialog box functionality to a custom field. Does anyone have any recommendations that I can give my NSC?

Look for Codeunit 412 Common Dialog Management. There are functions that will do this for you.

Hi Pressel, I don’t know your Version, but in 3.60 exists a Codeunit “Common Dialog Managment” with helpfull Functions, especially a Function called “OpenFile”, to solve such a Problem. By using this Function a Standard-Windows Window opens where you can choose the desired Folder and File oder Type the File. The Returnvalue of this Function gives the whole path with filename. If you need more details, please leave a note hear and i can give you more instructions. Hope this helps. Greetings, Frank

Hi A Textbox with ControlID 1 and a text variable (where the path is stored)as Source Exp. will does the job. This Textbox need the AssistEdit = True. That’s all. bye André

It doesn’t … for me [:0]

Hi Athur

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur
It doesn’t … for me [:0]

Really? In our system (3.01B) it works fine. PS It works only with a Dataport!! bye André

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB Really? In our system (3.01B) it works fine. PS It works only with a Dataport!!

I see [:)]

If this helps, I am running version 2.60F

quote:

Originally posted by pressel
If this helps, I am running version 2.60F

Didn’t you solve your problem? I think there are enough answers for this topic [;)]