Sales tax calculation in Prepayment Sales Invoice

Hi,
How can I calculate Sales Tax in Prepayment Sales invoice ? I have defined 100% as prepayment percentage in Customer card (so that the full amount is received from the Customer before I can proceed with the Order).
I am calculating sales tax in the invoice. But when I am posting the pre-payment invoice then there is no sales tax calculation and the pre-payment invoice is only for the base amount.
Please kindly help if prepayment invoice is calculated and posted in prepayment invoice just like the normal invoice ?
I am doing this in NAV 2009 SP1
Thanks and with regards,
Jaideep

It required customization for the functionality what you are looking.

MS incorporated the Vat calucaltion against the Advance amount In world wide Version.

But they did not incorporate indian Tax caluclation functionality against advance payment.

Just use the standard vat calucaltion functionality against advance to do the customiztion .

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. If it is clear that the standard NAV functionality does not support Indian Sales Tax calculation in Sales Prepayment invoice, and customization is necessary then I suggest the following.

In the Sales line value of “Prepayment line amt. excluding VAT” (which takes it’s value either from the Sales Header ‘Prepayemnt %’ or what is defined in the Customer card) cannot exceed the Base value.

Through a customization can we increase it to Base value+Sales tax Amount ? Thus first sales tax will be calculated for the invoice and the user will now put the total invoice value manually in the field “Prepayment line amt. excluding VAT”. Then he posts the Prepayment invoice. Can this work around pose any problem elsewhere?

Please help,

Thanks & with regards,

Jaideep Ghosh

Hi,

After doing further research in this issue I found a post in “Knowledge base” justifying why in North American version Sales-tax calculation is not given in the Prepayment invoice https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYQOZUVZRWVUZWNXQQNULVKUNWVYSVVNNL.

But where is the justification for not including this in Indian Version?

With best regards,

Hi,

After doing further research in this issue I found a post in “Knowledge base” justifying why in North American version Sales-tax calculation is not given in the Prepayment invoice https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYQOZUVZRWVUZWNXQQNULVKUNWVYSVVNNL. But where is the justification for not including this in Indian Version?

With best regards,