Sales Quotation in AX 2012 R2

Hi,

I was doing a simulation for Sales Quotation & came across the note in the SQ manual “You can select a sales category in the sales line without selecting an item, if the product on the sales quotation does not have an item number.”

I thought I can use it for scenarios that there is no item code yet at the time of SQ but if confirmed by customer & transferred to Sales Order, I can create a new number then use it in Sales Order as final product code. However, Packing Slip & Sales Invoice will be posted still even without the item code. & would never record cost.

I wonder what this “Sales Category” is useful for with regards to the Sales Order.

And do you have any idea how can I record the above scenario in AX 2012 R2?

Hi Bella,

This is a functionality that I created in procurement and Sourcing module as per the category hierarchy, where in we map items to a particular category under hierarchy based on which we can increase the quantity at the SO level … This is similar to Purchase Requisition process where in we select item using procurement category…

regards,

Ashwin

Thanks, Ashwin…

But can’t I change it into a particular item under the selected hierarchy at Sales Order?

Thanks,

Bella

Hi Bella,

No we cannot, we have to cancel the SO, if your doing the process from Sales Quotation, but apart from this you can change at the sales order level.

regards,

Ashwin

I see… Thanks, Ashwin… You’ve been a great help. :slight_smile:

Hi Ashwin,

As per your solution, I can only increase the quantity of an item under the selected sales category at the SO level.

Is there any mechanism by which I can process a sales quotation without an item and generate the item code on a open sales order?

Thanks,

Rushi