Sales order

hi every one i faceing one issue in Sales order when i try to change Sell-customer No it is going to an error.the error given below

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic

The following C/AL functions can be used only to a limited degree during write transactions because one or more tables will be locked.

Form.RunModal is not allowed in write transactions.

CodeUnit.Run is allowed in write transactions only if the return value is not used. For example, ‘OK := CodeUnit.Run()’ is not allowed.

Report.RunModal is allowed in write transactions only if ‘RequestForm = FALSE’. For example, ‘Report.RunModal(…,FALSE)’ is allowed.

DataPort.RunModal is allowed in write transactions only if ‘RequestForm = FALSE’. For example, ‘DataPort.RunModal(…,FALSE)’ is allowed.

Use the COMMIT function to save the changes before this call, or structure the code differently.

OK

please slove this anyone

Thanks & regards

sivaramakrishna

Tha

p

Have you done any changes or standard database?

in classic or RTC?

hi mohana thank you giveing reply but i am useing Classic6.0 with sqlserver–2008

what about the customization part?

Did you modify any code in form or table?

i did not change any code in lookup field it is base first i am selected the Customer --1 next i try to change the another customer encouter this error

not in onlookup…

may be in onvalidate trigger of sell-to customer no field…in form or table…

Or simply actiavate the debugger and check where it stops…

in Base it is working but we have to customzation in our database debugger not activate

What does it mean?

Hi,

I’ve got similar problem. Namely when I have a filter on “Sell-to Customer No.” field and I want to make a new order, with using AssistEdit button (when I use F3 everything is OK), then I get the same message.

I think I found a reason for this, but I don’t know if it is standard behaviour of Navision, because I have a lot of modifications in system.

When the Cutomer No. is entered then the process of checking customer limit is starting. And as a result I see Form 343 (‘Check Credit Limit’). But this form is running modally (FORM.RUNMODAL), which is not allowed…

Unfortunately I didn’t find solution by now.

What is important my version of Navision is older one - 3.70B, but maybe the problem stayed unsolved by Microsoft untill now.

Maybe this info gives somebody an idea what to do :slight_smile:

I don’t understand why would Microsoft fix a bug that you (or your partner) wrote? [;)]

You need to get a developer to find the bug in the code and fix it. It might even be that you need to rethink the design.

I meant that I wasn’t sure if this was mine bug, or bug that was in system (so it could be “from Microsoft”).

Rethinking is what I’m doing now [:D]

Hi W,

If it is your bug or a bug created by Microsoft or anyone else really doesn’t matter for the end users. The bug just has to be fixed if it’s critical to the users.

And even if the error is Microsoft’s, then you really cannot expect Microsoft go and fix it in an old version like NAV 3.70 which has not been supported for 3-5 years. Instead if it’s an error in the base unmodified version of NAV 3.70 as well, then you should go and check if the same error still exists in NAV 2009. If it does then go ahead and report the error to Microsoft. If it doesn’t then go ahead and analyze the code to find out how it was fixed so that you can do the fix in your old version.