Sales order and its payment tracking report

Hi All

when we receive the payment from the customer, for doing so we select the customers and on that basis system pop up all the unsettled sales oder invoices, and we select sales order and make the payment.

I want to know do we have any report in the system through which we can track this which amount is settled to which sales order.

And how take the advance payment from the customer in to the system…

thanks

Hi Imran,

If you open customer details and then click the transaction button you can identify a tab ‘history’ in this tab you can find a field ‘last settlement voucher’.

If you move this field to the overview grid, you should be able to easily identify the link between customer payments and invoices.

Hope it helps.

Ludwig

Hi Imran,

There is no such report in standard. You can develop one as suggested by Ludwig.

Pranav…

Thanks Ludwig and pranav

Actually i have one problem, that i am making the customer payments in bulk as i book one payment of 90,000 without selection of sales order. Next i create the sales order and invoice it and when i receiving the payment and check mark the sales order its balance is showing 1500 and when i drill down the transaction it was showing 1500 settled with the voucher in which i take the payment 90,000.

i just want to know how it happens, how the system take this sales order and settle the partial amount.

thanks

Hi Imran,

The only thing I could think of is the automatic settlement parameter in the AR parameters form (settlement tab). Check if this parameter has been activated.

Hope it helps.

Ludwig

yes you are right, that means if we have the excess amount(credit) in the customer account it will automatically settled by the system if we enable this in parameter.

thanks

why we use this automatic settlement option…

Generally companies will have the two options a) apply to oldest b) Manual.

If you select the apply to oldest ( FIFO basis ) , when you post any payment entry ( even you dont apply to any invoice ) , system will automatically apply to first invoice .If you make to automatic the above process will happen .

Seceond is manual that means you need to apply the invoice to payment entry manually.