Sales Oder Processing Issue - NAV 2017

I am hoping you can help me with some direction on how to resolve a processing issue in NAV.

I have a sales order which has 2 line items on it, 1 item is in free stock and the other item needs to be manufactured.

It does not seem to matter what I do, but when I try to create a Production Order to manufacture the 1 item that needs making, it creates a production order for both items although I already have 1 in stock.

To try to stop this happening I have tried the following :-

Reserved the item in stock
Filled in the “Quantity to ship” on the item line in the sales order of the stock item
Created a warehouse shipment for the item in stock
Picked the item in stock and moved it to Goods out location

Even after all these it still creates a Production Order?

I do not want to post the shipment because obviously the shipment is not complete as I still need to manufacture 1 item?

It’s make-to-stock item so the replenishment option on the item card is marked as “Prod. Order”.

Not sure it’s wise to change the replenishment option on the item card each time we want to use stock though?

I’m going to assume you are creating the Production Orders directly from the Sales Order. The Order Planning capability does not honor the Planning Parameters of the Item, and I would suggest an alternate path to planning your Production Orders.

Open the Planning Worksheet, use “Calc. Regenerative Plan” filtered to the Item you Manufacturer. If you don’t get a suggestion, go to the Item Card (or SKU for Location specific) > Planning Fast Tab > and set the Reordering Policy to Lot-for-Lot, then go run the Planning Worksheet again. Assuming you don’t have enough inventory to cover the Sales Demand you will get a suggestion to create a Production Order.

The Planning Worksheet is our recommendation for MPS and MRP planning. You will obviously need more information on this, so I would encourage you to reach out to your partner for some more detailed training on the options and how to set the system to work best for your business.

Hope this helps,
Ben Baxter
Accent Software, Inc.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. You are spot-on; very much appreciated.