Sales Invoice do not add up

In our database we have a large number (over 60 pages) of Sales Invoice lines which do not add up. By this I mean if we recalculate the Invoice line extension : Line Amount = (Quantity * Unit Price) - Discount the result is NOT the value stored in the Sales Invoice Line table. We have done extensive testing and cannot reliably repeat the problem, it just occurs apparently at random in normal processing. We suspect, but have not been able to prove, that there are up to 3 separate problems : 1. Line Discount is calculated wrong but never applied to the line calculation 2. The Unit Price reverts to a default value (Inventory Item) but the line calculation is done using the user supplied modified value. 3. Just plain random error ? Our current system is Version 2.60.E using a C/Side database on an NT 4.0 server.

Are you using the commit cache? Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Yes we now have committ cache turned on. This change has only been made recently when chasing performance problems. The errored invoices have occurred both with and without committ cache turned on.

I just asked because we’ve seen a similar problem, but only when we had commit cache turned on. Have you tried with the Attain C/SIDE (database engine)? Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Attain is a new term to me here in Australia, but reading the other entries in this forum I take it to be the release we know as Version 3.xx. My feeling, no real quantitative proof, is that the problem has reduced since cache was enabled ? We have only just moved from 2.01 to 2.60.E in the last few weeks and that has produced enough problems for a while. Release 3.xx is not up for consideration this year.

Peter Is the Sales Line table standard or have you had your reseller carry ot some modifications to the Sales Order side of Navision, as I see you have another posting on the sales number series? As you have so many lines is the order entry standard or uplifted from a file of sorts? David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

We use stock standard Navision with Advanced Distribution. It is the Australian version as modified by Navision Australia.