Safety Lead Time

Hi, does any one have the idea about how the field of “safety lead time” in Item table to impact on MRP planning? I tried to set period on some items of production method, but no infect on results. Thanks for any help. Frank

Hi Frank My understanding is that the Safety Lead Time has no affect on MRP. The only field this affects is the Expected Delivery Lead Time in the Planning screen under the Order button from the Sales order screen. However the Expected Delivery Date field is supposed to be a theoretical date, made up of the next planning date, the lead time calculation on the item card and the Safety Lead time. When the production order is released I believe this Expected Date sould be re-calculated, but it is not. In short the Safety Lead Time is a buffer period for production, indicating to sales when they can expect to ship. It is slack time after the expected completion of production to allow for slippages. It is simply an indicator to Sales, and has no affect anywhere else (as far as I can tell!) Hope this helps, and I hope it isn’t contradicted by anyone! Steve Steven Weaver XONITEK Systems (UK) Ltd +44 (0) 23 80641175 (Tel) +44 (0) 23 80641173 (Fax)

Hi,Steve I see, Thank you very much. Frank