Running adjust cost item entries and post inv to gl after stop for 2 weeks

Hi all!

I need some of your lights here. During my absence at the company this is what happen.

A physical inventory was done at the company . All posting were made. all inventory accounts ( RM, FG) balanced at the end. They run reports : Inventory to gl reconcile, inventory valuation and trial balance. All reports balanced well.

However they decide also after that to stop running costing routines ( adjust cost item entries and post inv to gl) for 2 weeks ( until january 15th) as auditors are supposed to come during that time.

My question: As those routines are still not running, what do I need to check to make sure that when the costing routines will run again proper costs will post???

( in the meantime they are still posting work orders, job entries, purchase orders…) . I need to know how I will use dates on both routines. Do I use the work date for all routines ???

Thanks for help .

Adjusted value entries will get the same date has posting date of the item ledger entries to which they are connect directly.
G/L entries will also get the same date has value entry if you use posting method has per entry.
These rules only apply if you aren’t using posting in to closed periods.

That is partly correct. If you use NAV version 3.60 or older then the posting date will be the date the you write in the Cost-Adjust-batch. But in some 3.60-hotfix that was changed - don’t remember which one, but I think there are 38 hotfixes made for version 3.60(!).

If the Cost-Adjust-batch prompts you for

• Posting Date: That particular date will be used for all adjustments
  • Closed Period Entry Posting Date: That particular date will be used for all entries with a Posting Date prior to the “Posting Allowed From” in G/L Setup.

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for reply. I am using Nav 4 not Nav5 so the only date on the adjust routine is " Closed period entry posting date" .

So in my case as several entries ( from december 12 until january 9th) werenever adjusted, which date should I put as the adjust routine is supposed to run again january 9th in the night ??

Thanks

Thanks anfinnur forreply.

Now we are using nav4 . In my case do I need to put december 31st 2007 even if I have several entries created afer january 1st ?

I really do not know how to use that field now as many entries were created part in december part in january and have never been adjusted.

Now my settings are: Allowing posting from : 01/01/08 ; Allowing posting to : 02/28/08

If you aren’t working in closed period and you are posting per entry in G/L. Then you don’t have to care about posting date because it will not be used.

Hi Nuno thanks.

Ok maybe I should explain again.

Seetings:

Allowing posting from: 01/01/08

Allowing posting to: 02/28/08

Posting PER POSTING GROUP not Per entry

Situation

I need to adjust costs and post those cost for entries that were created during the period beginning December 12th 2007 until January 8th 2008. Those entries have been never adjsuted ( Cost routines have been stopped ( see my first message)

I will do that on January 11th 2008

So my questions:

• what date should I put on the field " posting date" on the routine “Post inv cost to Gl” ?

• What date should I put on the field " Closed period entry posting date" when I run the routine " Adjust cost - item entries "

Hope it’s more clear.

Thanks

To be more precise

Settings:

Allowing posting from: 01/01/08

Allowing posting to: 02/28/08

Posting PER POSTING GROUP not Per entry ( in the Post Inv to gl routine)

Situation

I need to adjust costs and post those cost for entries that were created during the period beginning December 12th 2007 until January 8th 2008. Those entries have been never adjsuted ( Cost routines have been stopped ( see my first message)

I plan to post all those entries on January 11th 2008

So my questions:

• what date should I put on the field " posting date" on the value entry tab and on the option tab when running the routine “Post inv cost to Gl” ?

• What date should I put on the field " Closed period entry posting date" when I run the routine " Adjust cost - item entries "

Hope it’s more clear.

Thanks

I think you should put January 11th 2008 both posting dates, but it depends a lot of current company accounting.