Running a process to see Inventory valued under FIFO method

Hello,

Is it true that AX and other ERPs do not show real time FIFO Inventory and you have to run some customized process for it. Without running the process, the inventory shown would be weighted average?

Regards,

Zaka

That is not really a simple question to answer, but if you had FIFO and had multiple inbound transactions then the cost shown on the outbound transaction would be the current average (unless elements like batch or serial and financial inventory are selected). It is not a “customized” process it is a standard recalculation process that is run as periodically as the customer wants it, but ultimately is used at month end because the FIFO referenced here is the financial FIFO and not the stock movement, so it is about costing. The single inventory balance is always shown at average because the FIFO cost is applied when the invoice is processed and ALL costing elements impacting on FIFO are known.

Thanks Adam. Your explanation is detailed enough making it easy to understand.

Regards,

Zaka

P.S. I had floated many queries on Saturday but this is the only reply I got. Any particular reason? Was it the right forum I chose ? Could you please help ?