Run managed code on server

Hi,
I have created C# class library to connect with oracle DB and use oracle client for C# oracle connectivity. then consumed C# library in Ax class and calling Ax class from Ax table. It is working fine from Ax form when i keep run on property of class as client but when i keep Run on property as server or called from it is giving me run time error object clr could not be created. I have deployed c# managed code on client as well as server. Added DLL of c# library in VS assemblies and server bin. if i keep run on property as client then there will be problem for me because i am not able to access this class from EP. so help to resolve above i highlighted issue.

Thanks,
Surbhi

Of course the first thing you should have done (long before giving up and asking here) is debugging. You would have known which call in your code fails. Now we can only guess

So my guess is that you haven’t installed libraries for Oracle connectivity on the machine with AOS.

Maybe you did it, because you didn’t mention any findings (such as the error about assembly binding), we obviously couldn’t know about it.

“Assembly containing type <nameSpace.className> is not referenced means” that my guess was right. The assembly, or one of it’s dependencies, can’t be found. Install all necessary DLLs on AOS. Also check that they can be loaded to a 64-bit process.

If you can’t identify the cause, use Assembly Binding Log Viewer.

Hi Martin,

I have added the necessary dlls to GAC and in server bin folder. But still getting the same error. I have also checked that the dll was build for Any CPU solution and not for particular one.

The solution is working when Run on Client but not if Run on server.

Thanks,

Surbhi

Then please follow what I said in my previous reply.

Hi Martin,

There are no logs in Assembly binding log viewer. Are there any other ways to deploy the .net dlls to server?

Thanks,

Surbhi

I don’t believe you’ve just found a bug in Assembly Binding Log Viewer. I assume you’re not using it right, but I can’t be more specific if you tell me nothing. Please read the documentation again and if it doesn’t help, please explain what exactly you did.