Run Classic Report from NAV 2009 R2 RTC

Hello,

I have the following error message when i try to run a Classic Report from the Role tailored Client.

“The PC04 server cannot be found. Try again later or contact your system administrator”.

PC04 is the name of the computer on wich the Classic Client and Role Tailored Client are installed.
The service tier and the database are installed on a server.

Does anybody have an idea of the way to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

SG

Can you be able to run with IP address?

Dear SYLV1G ,

Am having these similar problem how did you solve the problem at the end your post did not indicate how you were able to solve the problem please am in urgent .need of your assistance my company is using role tailor and I have design many report in classic format. Waiting please… Thanks you in advance

Gbenga

Hello,

I have the following error message when i try to run a Classic Report from the Role tailored Client.

“The NAVSERVER server cannot be found. Try again later or contact your system administrator”.

NAVSERVER is the name of the computer on wich the Classic Client and Role Tailored Client are installed.
The service tier and the database are installed on a server.

Does anybody have an idea of the way to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Check and make sure that NAV related services are running correctly. Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services.

Thanks

I have check the services relating to NAV but all are working well.

Still working round it. If there is any other suggestion I will very well appreciate it.

Thanks

try by adding server ip and name in hosts file which will be under path C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

172.XX.XX.XXX SERVERNAME

Thanks

I have done that but still not running. It runs on the server and also run on my system that I have configure as a sql server but it is not running on the client system that I have install role tailor and classic sql server.

I have a feeling there is something not installing on the client system during the process of installation. Any further assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you using domain for authentication ?

As well as add you windows login in Navision and synchronize the logins and check

Thanks all for your assistance. Really appreciate.

i have been able to solve the problem,

First the PREFFERED DNS SERVER ADDRESS(IP)of the client computer has to be configure with the Active directory server IP where the user are being created. the ALTERNATE DNS SERVER IP can be left empty. The system is then restarted. With these done you can log in on dynamics classic 2009 R2 using the window login but the server address has to be the IP ADDRESS and not the server name.

Secondly you can login into Role Tailor using the SERVER NAME and not the IP address NAVSERV/DynamicsNAV rather than 10.50.234.5/DynamicsNAV because of the configuration of the client PREFFERED DNS SERVER ADDRESS(IP) with the Active directory server IP address

It run on my system because am using wireless connection and the PREFFERED DNS SERVER ADDRESS(IP) of my laptop has been with the Active directory server IP address.