RTC total Problem

Hi,

i have a report scenario where i have something like this

Service Contract Header->Dataitem 1
Service Contract line->dataitem 2
(where i link it by contract type and contract no.)

In sections i add certain fields for header->Customer No. , Annual Amount
and Line->item No,description…
At footer i need the sum for annual amount…
Now in classic everything working fine but in RTC my sum of the annual amount is not coming correctly…
NOTE: 1)If i have only service header ALONE IN SECTION the sum is coming correctly
as soon as i add a field in service line,it is getting changed…
2) I tried most of the possibilities with list and grouping…I couldn find a way out all i get is incorrect total
Can sum1 thrw sum li8 on dis issue… [:’(]

My layout

Classic:

RTC

I have found the cause of the problem…
My header table is affected with the line table
So The Annual amount is getting incremented by number of records in line table…
If i have Annual amount of Rs.1000 in header table and in line if i have 2 records…it becomes 2000 So naturallly my total is wrong…

i think it is because of improper grouping…but i tried groupin with all the fields ,but either i miss some data or get multiplied as i said above…
i couldn find a way to group properly
Is there any way 2 group without affecting any data or is there any such way Service line table does not affect Header table…???

Also Table footer gives me the total irrespective of the changes i made in grouping It remains constant ,why so???..
so i used Page footer but am getting total for evry page seperately i.e if i have 10 pages, the total does not come in 10th page getting in each page…(After calculating the individual page number only i could find the prooblem )

I have found the cause of the problem…
My header table is affected with the line table
So The Annual amount is getting incremented by number of records in line table…
If i have Annual amount of Rs.1000 in header table and in line if i have 2 records…it becomes 2000 So naturallly my total is wrong…

i think it is because of improper grouping…but i tried groupin with all the fields ,but either i miss some data or get multiplied as i said above…
i couldn find a way to group properly
Is there any way 2 group without affecting any data or is there any such way Service line table does not affect Header table…???

Also Table footer gives me the total irrespective of the changes i made in grouping It remains constant ,why so???..
so i used Page footer but am getting total for evry page seperately i.e if i have 10 pages, the total does not come in 10th page getting in each page…(After calculating the individual page number only i could find the prooblem )

Alas solved [<:o)]

As i said the pblm was with groupin…!!! 2 different fields shoeld been used to group…

The total per page value was also solved .

using the code …

Public Shared Dim sum as Decimal

Public Function AddToSum(ByVal unit as Decimal)
Sum = sum + unit
End Function

Public Function GetSum() as Decimal
Return sum
End Function