RTC reports outside the domain.

Hi,
I am currently trying to configure a local RTC client for someone outside of the client’s domain. At the moment I have RTC working perfectly fine using stored network credentials to pass the domain login to the NAV server however the only problem is when reports are attempted from the RTC client as it uses the classic client to generate the report and SQL will not pass stored network credentials so it fails to login to the SQL server.

One option we looked into was converting the classic reports to RTC reports however with 15 reports to convert this is going to be very time consuming if we have to go this route however it does work once converted.

I was wondering if there was any way to tell the RTC client what SQL credentials it should use when trying to run a report from the classic client or another workaround.

I read a roaming client was going to be available in the next release so the user can continue to use RemoteApp for now if needs be however ideally we would like to get them running the local client.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer and if you need any more information please let me know.

Best Regards.

Hi Matt,

Using the Users Creditials Manager in the control panel under User Accounts you can create a windows login with specific creditials. You will need to make an entry for both the NST (for the RTC usage) and for the SQL server (for the Classic Client usage). For SQL you may need to make 2 entries one with the host name the fully qualified domain name and the other the NetBios name.

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply however as in my original post we have already setup network credentials and have the RTC working this way however network credentials do not work for SQL connections as designed by MS.