RTC connection with SQL Databases

Hi Experts,

In NAV 2009 SQL server option , I created one new database name as “Test DB”. Now in my SQL server it has 2 NAV 2009 databases ie) Demo Database NAV (6-0) &Test DB.

Using NAV - SQL server option, i have a choice to select the database which i want to open it.

Same like in RTC is’t possible to select the database. Its failed to open “TEST DB” in RTC.

Did I missed to configure any setting file…

Please throw some light on this…

Regards,

Thiyagarajan M

Hi

try this modify the file CustomSettings.config which is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service

change this line (add your database name intead of demo datbase name in your case TEST DB)

<

add key=“DatabaseName” value=“Demo Database NAV (6-0)”>

I think after changing it , you need to start the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service again.

Hi Ashbhardwaj,

Thanks for ur reply,

I have 2 NAV 2009 databases in sql server,

While opening RTC I want to select database it can be Demo Database NAV(6-0) or TESTDB.

Like select and opening Finsql DB.

If I add

add key=“DatabaseName” value=“TEST DB”>

instead of

add key=“DatabaseName” value=“Demo Database NAV (6-0)”>

Will RTC permits to select the database(Tried no luck) or

Is there any other file settings in NAV 2009

Experts throw some lights on this.,

Thanks & Regards

Thiyagarajan M

Since a NAV Server instance can only be running against a single database at a time, if you want to be able to switch from one database to another, you actually need to switch from one NAV Server instance to another. This means you must have multiple service tiers running.

I use the batch files on Freddy K’s blog for setting up multiple server instances and it works a treat. Here’s the link https://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2008/10/29/multiple-service-tiers.aspx

Thank you. a very useful post

Rolf (sydney)

Hi

Modify the file CustomSettings.configuration which in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service

Change this line (replace the name of TEST DB by name of yours database) and restart Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service again

you actually need to switch from one NAV Server instance to another. This means you must have multiple service tiers running. Use the url https://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2008/10/29/multiple-service-tiers.aspx
this will help you regarding multiple tier running.if you have any queries please feel free to contact me at my email id kgulati@paragyte.com

Thanks,

Kamal Gulati

Paragyte Technologies

web- www.paragyte.com

Hi,

Modify the file CustomSettings.config in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service

Replace the TEST DB name by name of yours database and restart Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service again

You actually need to switch from one NAV Server instance to another. This means you must have multiple service tiers running.Use the link https://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2008/10/29/multiple-service-tiers.aspx
for setting up you multiple tier setup.if you need nay sort of help please free to mail me at kgulati@paragyte.com

Thanks,

Kamal Gulati

Paragyte Technologies

web- www.paragyte.com