I have a routing that has the following routing requirement:
Two (2) employees are needed for four (4) hours to do setup and configuration on the tool and machine.
The run time on the machine is 100 units per min.
Once the machine starts it will run for many days.
When a production order is created, say for 1,000,000 units the routing time is as follows:
- 4 hours for setup for 2 employees.
- Machine and tool time is 10,000 mins or 7 days (1,000,000 / 100)
- 1 employee needs to look at the machine for 5 mins every hour for a total cost of 833 mins
- If the Production order is running for 7 days, the 3 employees show as not available for 7 days.
- I thought I might use Resource Groups to do this so I created a Resource Group with all three of these resources. The problem is that once you create a resources group with a resource, you can’t use these Resources in other groups.