rounding entry

hi all, i’m a new user to navision.net.This is the first time i post a question inside navision.net.My question: can you explain how exactly the InsertRoundingEntry(ValueEntry,RoundAmount,RoundAmountACY); (codeunit 5895 inventory adjustments)works? Is there any significant issue if i decided to remark this function provided that i don’t have any rounding value entries enabled? fairul hadi mashar formis computer services sdn bhd 16th floor menara pan global 8 lorong p.ramlee 50250 kuala lumpur

In general, it’s not a good idea to disable standard code functions unless you have a specific requirement with which they conflict. What is your reason for wanting to disable this particular function? Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

The reason to disable this function is because i can’t run my adjust cost-item entries batch job with it.i have a situation whereby in my item ledger entry’s “open” is true for remaining quantity is zero.So, the codeunit 5895 inventory adjustments will run because of the rounding issue(i think).If i decided to disable the function,the batch job can be executed but it will give me different result which in certain cases my cost for the item does not post to G/L. i’m using navision attain version 301B. fairul hadi mashar formis computer services sdn bhd 16th floor menara pan global 8 lorong p.ramlee 50250 kuala lumpur

I’m afraid I don’t have a definitive answer for you. My intuitive reaction would be that you have something peculiar about your data or your setup that is causing the base problem. Normally I would not first suspect the standard Navision code (that would come after ruling out data & setup problems). There is another thread currently going on Navision.Net with a somewhat related issue (an open item with zero remaining). You might contact that person and pool information. Both of you are apparently running V301B and both are in Malaysia. That thread is titled “Open and Remaining Amount in Items Ledg Entry” Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Topic moved from Errors to Financials/Attain Development Forum. The Errors forum is only for errors on this website. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster