Retrieving Data based on Field table

Is it possible to refer to fieldnumbers in tables and then write the contents of these fields to another table? (All Tablenumbers and fieldnumbers are stored in table 2000.000.041 = not visible but can be accessed true a form) For examble: I’ve got the following records in a table (table X) Record/TableNo/Field No./TableName/FieldName 1-18-4-Customer-Name 2 2-18-5-Customer-Address 3-21-17-Cust. Ledger Entry-Amount (LCY) 4-21-18-Cust. Ledger Entry-Sales (LCY) Now I would like to know if it is possible in Navision to retrieve all data from the fields to wich the records in Table X refer to ? So if I would like print a report of record 1, the report should list all the Names 2 of all entrys in the customer table. Does anyone have a suggestion ?

You can do this in C/FRONT. I don’t think there is a way to do this is C/SIDE. It sure would be nice. Without this feature, we have to write very long CASE statements. With this feature, we could right very nice, concise code. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News

You don’t have any JOIN function i C/AL. You could use flowfield and their LOOKUP funktion. Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com

[quote]
Originally posted by Jim Hollcraft: You can do this in C/FRONT. How and where can I gain the C/Front tool wich enables me to do this ?

You can get C/Front from the Navision Distribution CDs. You can also probably download it from your country NTR FTP site. It works with the developer licenses issued in the US. It will probably work with your developer license too. Customers will have to purchase the C/Front granule. C/Front gives the ability to refer to a field and/or table by field#/table#. You will need to do some programming to do the rest of the work. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News

The lack of a variant data type in C/SIDE (at least in version 2.60 and below) forces you to do the programming that Jim is referring to in another programming language (e.g. VB, C++, Delphi). Most of the functionality in the C/Front OCX is supported by C/SIDE (or rather, by C/AL), with the exception of e.g. CalcFields and SetCurrentKey, since these methods have parameters containing a field list in the form of a variant array. Kind regards, Jan Hoek Weha Automatisering BV Woerden - The Netherlands