Restoring a 2.0 backup into a new 3.60

Would anyone have any ideas why i am getting compilation errors when restoring a 2.0 backup into a clean 3.60 database as part of the upgrade process? It hasn’t happened before in other upgrades [:(!]. Any help would be gratefully received.

quote:

Originally posted by John Small
Would anyone have any ideas why i am getting compilation errors when restoring a 2.0 backup into a clean 3.60 database as part of the upgrade process? It hasn’t happened before in other upgrades [:(!]. Any help would be gratefully received.

Not to be fussy, but to know which compilation errors you are getting, would help. [8D] Anna

John, If you talk about a ‘clean’ 3.60 database, does that mean its an empty database or do you have the standard objects in there? Roelof de Jong.

Hi all, Thanks for your postings. Anna - I’m getting 886 compilation errors from all over the place. Tables, forms reports etc. The major problem i have is that when the standard ‘x amount of errors were found’ message appears and i click OK, it comes up with another error saying something about C/AL expecting 1 parameter but only getting 0 and won’t let me get any further. Does this help? Roelof - that is what i meant but i have also tried it with standard objects with the same result.[B)] As its a new week i’m going to try again and hope my PC will feel better after a weekend off. If i make any progress i will let you all know but in the meantime if anyone has any further suggestions i will try them ASAP. Thanks again for your help!!

Hi John, You probably have already tried this, but does the database compile in V2.00? You might want to look at codeunit 1 - Has it been changed? From my experiences of trying to run developed GB2.00 databases on higher executables that result in multiple compilation errors this has been the cause. Hope this is of help.

Hi Edward, Thanks very much for your help. It would appear that codeunit 1 is the problem. I have removed the modified object and replaced it with a standard 3.60 codeunit. This has cut the number of compilation errors from 886 to 30 which is more manageable to say the least. Thanks again. John