Restore FBK SQL error

ERROR : The Customer table contains a value in a code field that cannot be used with Microsoft Business Solution Navision I created a FBK on a SQL 2000 DATABASE, the DB uses the Windows Collation « French » case-sensitive, accent-sensitive, and « Validate Code Page » settings. On a second SQL 2000 Server, i create a new SQL database with the same collation (Windows Collation « French », case-sensitive, accent-sensitive, and « Validate Code Page » is selected) when i try to restore the backup then i receive the following error message : « The Customer table contains a value in a code field that cannot be used with Microsoft Business Solution Navision » On one third SQL 2000 Server, with de same collation, is restored correctly !!! Why ? Which parameter other than the collation can cause this problem ? Language of Windows ( Client / Server side ) ? Regional settings ( client / server side ) ? ? ? TIA

You might have a CODE field, that are stored as NON-Uppercase values. You can try to do a SQL Copy of the original database, and look into it with Enterprise Manager (Navision will not show you the lowercase value - SQL Will, as Navision Code, are TEXT in SQL)

I encountered similar error and I think your error message means exactly what it says…there might be a bad data value in one of the Customer table records. For example, if the Customer Disc. Group field has a value of “SAMPLE” where none of the Customer Disc. Group codes have the value “SAMPLE”, then the table relation is not valid and it gives this error. This type of bad data usually gets into the database if third party applications insert or modify records in Navision. OR a table relationship was added to a field after the data was in that field for that record. Hope this helps.

When you made the backup, the .fbk file is written in the OEM code page of the computer you did the backup from. When you retore it, if the OEM code page is different you will get errors such as this. On your third machine they apparently match. Check the regional options Advanced, Language for Non-unicode programs and ensure they are the same on backup and restore machines.