When you migrate from one AD domain to another AD domain (ex. contoso to contoso2), I believe the only table you may need to modify is the UserInfo table. When you say you don’t see other companies, that isn’t AD domain-related, it sounds AX-Domain related…like a security issue.
Just a few things for you to check…what domain is the AOS service account running as? Original AD domain or new AD domain?
Even after you made all the changes mentioned in the above article and still have issues, try running Consistency check under Basic > Periodic. If you are not familiar with this job and require more info on this, try searching in this forum as I believe we already discussed about this.
The things listed in that article are valid, but don’t relate to companies appearing/disappearing. The only thing I could see is perhaps the very last one "Unique GUID per Dynamics AX environment". The rest are mostly with EP, SRS, SAS, etc.
Try changing the AOS service account to a domain user contoso2\administrator or something, then changing the DB owner in SQL to that user. There are two stored procedures CreateUserSession and CreateServerSession that might be causing an issue…but I think the AOS will just die if they can’t execute correctly.
Give the consistancy check like Harish said a shot.
Hi Anthony, I have the same problem with COMPANYDOMAINLIST and DATAAREA table that are empty after the database restoring. I try to look to the suggestion, modify the user with which the service is running and so on, but actually I CAN ONLY SEE DAT COMPANY and not other rows from database…
This issue can also be caused by mis-matched AX builds. If your client is on a higher version (5.0.1500.6491 SP1 RU8) and your AOS is on a lower (5.0.1000.52 SP1), you can experience this. Are the rows present in SQL?
Have you checked the event viewer on the AOS machine itself? That is often very telling of these types of issues.
Thank you Alex, my client is on 5.0.1500.5660 as kernel version meanwhile the application version is 5.0.1500.2985.
The rows are available in DB for all tables: company is present and also dataarea and also all the other tables coming from the production environment. for example I have 2.200 rows of customers but when I open the form from the Menu I see only the first row. I already check rows in db and there are no differences between the first and the second one
I think that the problem is concerned with the .syp layer but I’m not sure because this is a new virtual machine where I try to restore the production database.
EManuele, there could be any number of reasons why you’re having this issue. That screenshot only tells me that you have a Sys, Syp, Bus, Var, Cus, and Usr layer, ALL with customization in each layer.
I’d have to look at your system to figure out the issue, but an experienced developer shouldn’t take more than a couple hours to solve this. Do you have a partner or record? Who is doing all of these customizations?
Good morning Alex and thank you for response. All the customization has been made by a supplier working with our company since 2009. We asked them to create a new virtual machine as copy of the production one with all the newer patches installed and then check if everything is ok… Unfortunately the new machine has the problem reported in this issue and at the moment we haven’t find a solution.
Anyway we will submit our situation to the supplier asking for an analysis of the problem.
The problem is not this virtual machine, that we can format in a moment, but the fact that we are not confident that our production machine with installed patch can continue to work… Actually we can’t install any patches in our production environment and this is very dangerous.
Emanuele, I had similar issue. It looks like you have to install AOS service with the same version as in the original environment. In my case, I had original AOS in 5.0.1500.4570 version and after instalation in new environment there was a 5.0.593.0 AOS version. After SP and Hotfix instalation I achieve the same AOS version and data appeared in application.
So in your case I guess you need do something like this: