Reserving against a Purchase Order

One of our client’s wants the ability to be able to reserve against Purchase Orders. For example if the required quantity is not on hand and there is an outstanding purchase order the client wants the ability to reserve the sales line against the Purchase Order. But, when I go to functions → Reserve it does not display the quantity on a Purchase Order to reserve against. It only shows existing quantities in hand. How do we get to show the quantity on a purchase order in the reservation entry screen? N.Anu

See expected receipt date in Purchase line.

Dear N.Anu, Go to Planning worksheet in the manufacturing module. Go to show colums and then select the reserve quantity to be displayed. while posting the planning worksheet it will display the quantity reserved for the order. RamaKumar (ramakumar71@hotmail.com)

quote:

Originally posted by Anunall: One of our client’s wants the ability to be able to reserve against Purchase Orders. For example if the required quantity is not on hand and there is an outstanding purchase order the client wants the ability to reserve the sales line against the Purchase Order. But, when I go to functions → Reserve it does not display the quantity on a Purchase Order to reserve against. It only shows existing quantities in hand. How do we get to show the quantity on a purchase order in the reservation entry screen? N.Anu

Hello, Is Show Purchase Order in Reservation Setup set to “Always” or “Optional”? -------------------------------- Edward Bloomfield Navision Support Consultant Cambridge Online Systems Limited www.cambridgeonline.net

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. The problem was the shipping date on the sales order has to be after the expected receipt date of the purchase order only then will the Purchase Order line be displayed to be able to reserve against. Ram I cannot use the manufacturing module as this client is a distribution client. N.Anu